This is the home of the worlds first multi-sampled rare and beautiful 150 (ish) year old DULCITONE,
and infact one of the few ways you can listen to what one actually sounds like.
Originally designed and manufactured in Scotland in the 1800′s, and with allegedly only 2000 in existence the DULCITONE is a portable keyboard that was made for missionaries to hump around remote african village churches to help perk up hymn services. It has a very basic piano action with spring loaded felt covered hammers striking small magnet shaped tuning forks. Its a bit like a Fender Rhodes electric piano without the electric bits, and has a very lovely woody, clonky glockenspiel/celesta kind of sound.
These rare beauties have become deeply fashionable, especially amongst “with it” film composers looking for something with a bit of character in a Tom Waits or Bjorky kinda way. Jon Brion uses dulcitone extensively on his soundtracks of Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.
This is your chance to to play my lovingly sampled 150 year old antique Dulcitone in all its glory. 70megs, 3 velocity layers and some fancy programming but without the slightly iffy forks and sticking keyboard.
• 24 dulcitone presets that take advantage of the 3 pages of scripting.
• 4 octave architecture with control of volume, pan, adsr and delay per octave group.
• Note on and note off "thump".
• 69 specially made convolution reverb impulses from real spaces, expensive hardware, and some less obvious sources.
• Round robin sample swapping for extra realism.
• Midi timing jitter for even more realism.
• Some lovely pictures of the instrument herself.
• Charming hand drawn instruction manual!
This version is built in Kontakt 4.2.4 so is fully compatible with all versions of Kontakt 5 but you will need the FULL VERSION of Kontakt.
It will load into Player but time out after 10 minutes, so please don't buy this if you are using Kontakt Player.
£20.00 for Dulcitone 1884² instant download.