INFUNDIBULUM#2 £60.00 (inc VAT)
The second in the devious Sound Dust series of multi-arp workstations. A gloriously grimey playground of poly rhythmical possibilities with an open door policy for unexpected artifacts and happenstance.
INFUNDIBULUM#2 takes the polyrhythmic cascades of sound, strange interlocking tremolos and beautiful warped loopings of her big sister into bigger bolder territories - great for organic and gorgeous pseudo orchestras, wibbly wobbly dust pads, muscular Michael Nyman swoon and epic thrusting cinematica.
INFUNDIBULUM#2 is packed with 4GB of bowed, sung, spun, plucked, stretched, teased and blown things that have been squashed through tape, vinyl, springs and valves for the character and audio patina of a life well lived.
"Infundibulum is unbelievably groovy… what an amazing untapped palette of timbres and rhythms, a real polyrhythmic wonderland.” - Chris Carter - Throbbing Gristle, Carter Tutti and Chris & Cosey
Dust piano, Lowry organ, Winfield organ, many many electric guitars, household paint brush, violin played by a proper violinist, trumpet played by an improper trumper, concert whirly tubes, Jecklin disc, 4 track cassette recorder, taut wires, Sherman Filterbank, spring reverbs, Space Echo, Roland SH101, Hammond Organ, a singing human, ribbon mics and broken electrics, guitar pedals set to 11, harmonica, recorders (school not tape this time), Moog theremin, many modular modules, Clouds, Strymon Big Sky and Deco, Roger Linn Adrenalinn 3, homemade guitars, electric milk whisk and homemade pickups...
- 1 Kontakt .nki instrument
- 230 themed snapshots...but Infundibulum is all about tweaking really, these will just get you in the ballpark
- 3.1GB download (from 4GB compressed files)
- 3 independent multifunction arp contraptions with gate, chord and 10 other arp modes
- Adjustable step lengths from 1 to 64 per multi-arp
- Adjustable step rate from 1/128 to whole note with triplet variations plus modem, geiger and meltdown modes per multi-arp
- Swing, offset, decay and pitch control per multi-arp
- 3 sample oscillators each with 20 mutlisampled sample sets each
- Sample start, loop start and loop length control per oscillator
- Pan and autopan control per oscillator
- Volume attack, decay, sustain and release control per oscillator
- Distortion module with drive, damp, tube or transistor, bit and sample rate reduction per oscillator
- Low pass and high pass filters
- Vibrato rate and amount control per oscillator
- Chorus rate and amount control per oscillator
- Convolution reverb with 24 bespoke IRs per oscillator
- Delay send control per oscillator
- Drag & drop midi file recorder grabs single and multi channel output from the multi-arp that can be loaded back into a new DAW track
- Tape saturation and bit reducution,
- Solid G equaliser
- Rotor speaker
- Algorithmic reverb
- Tempo synced delay
- Algorithmic reverb
What the heck is an INFUNDIBULUM anyway ?
Funny you should ask:- technically it's just a funnel, but in his excellent time leaping novel Sirens of Titan, Kurt Vonnegut invented the Chrono-synclastic Infundibulum, which is essentially a time funnel. Seemed an apt name for this instrument.
£60.00 (inc VAT)
FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or above is required
INFUNDIBULUM#2 will load into Kontakt Player but time out after 10 minutes, so please don't buy this unless you are using the full version of Kontakt 5.8.1